WE’RE HELPING FORMER

Athletes

‏‏‎ ‎ Create A Game Plan

Only 2% of student-athletes go pro. For the other 98% who need resources and support to jumpstart their ‘real world’ personal and professional success, we’re closing that gap.

WE’RE HELPING FORMER

Athletes

Create A Game Plan

Only 2% of student-athletes go pro. For the other 98% who need resources and support to jumpstart their ‘real world’ personal and professional success, we’re closing that gap.

What is Ninety8Percent?

We’re a dedicated community of former collegiate athletes from the Ninety8Percent sharing experiences and resources to advance our personal and professional lives.

Stories

Hear from former athletes who used the lessons learned from their athletic journeys to transition into other careers. Ninety8Percent covers success stories through interviews, podcast episodes, blog posts, and more.

Resources

Searching for checklists and educational content that allows you to work independently? Want professional services and Live Q&As where you get actionable feedback? Ninety8Percent ’s resource list is growing every day.

Networking

Connect with program members and partners via our regular business and networking events who are ready to provide relevant coaching, mentorship, and advice.

You're More Than An Athlete

A big misconception that follows the success mindset is that only one type of success matters. It can be tough to work towards a single goal for years only to realize you need to shift gears and refocus, but that doesn’t mean the skills and abilities you developed along the way have lost their value.

For every two NCAA athletes that go pro, another ninety-eight will face a new kind of competition; adapting to life outside athletics. The upside? There’s a much higher chance of ‘going pro’ as an entrepreneur, executive, innovator, or industry leader.

Ninety8Percent is a team in its own way, but our goal is your individual growth and long-term success. The same qualities that made you a great athlete will make you an even better working professional. Let’s get to it.

Latest Updates

Tik Tok for career advice?

I’m clearly a millenial in a world dominated by gen z social media. I eventually gave into downloading Tik Tok during the pandemic learning dances I couldn’t actually do and finding recipes to cook at home.

Dephanie

Author

Tummy Tuesdays

One of my favorite things to look forward to is Jessica Beard’s Instagram Tummy Tuesdays! She drops intense but doable an workouts to get that tummy right. 

Dephanie

Author

What does fitness mean for you?

Fitness for me is all encompassing. Fit mind, fit body, fit emotions. Allow me to be the loudest in the room and say, I do not exercise my body every day! I hate working out.

Dephanie

Author

Masters Degree vs Professional Certification

By Ninety8Percent

Talent vs Heart Kodi Okeye

We sit down with Kodi Okoye, former track and field, master’s degree holder, and business owner. Learn more about Kodi, and her journey here!

Podcast

Latest Episode

Podcast

The Athlete's Story : Misana Viltz

About the founder

Meet The Founder

Dephanie

Once a collegiate student-athlete and UCLA, Dephanie knows firsthand the struggle of transitioning into a world without a team, coaches, and trainers to support your journey. Although track and feld has been a monumental part of her life, she learned that it’s not the only part. It was this lesson that helped shift her priorities and mindset into one with the fortitude to tackle life after sports.

Despite a lack of resources or strong network when she chose not to pursue medicine post-graduations, Dephanie carved a path into a corporate space across multiple industries including marketing, advertising and management consulting.

Through years of work experience, she learned two things: 1. How to navigate the corporate world with limited espouse and 2. People are interested in NCAA athletes stories. Her vision for Ninety8Percent is to make it the go-to platform for current and former athletes with the drive to network and find their way forward.

– Dephanie

Join the Community

11 + 10 =